Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa Yoda

Zachary is the type of child who has always picked just one thing as the only thing he likes. Then he pours himself into that one thing and becomes consumed with only that. When he was two, it was Thomas the Train, when he was three it was bugs, when he was four it was dinosaurs. He only wanted to play with things and read books that were only those subjects. He knew all kinds of facts about bugs and spiders and every type of dinosaur. I would read him a book and he would retain all of the information while I promptly forgot which dinosaur was which. I try to tell him he can like more than one thing, but it is to no avail.

I bet he will always be like that his life, he will hone in on one interest at a time and give it his all. When he is older I sure hope he does not pick some girl to hone in on and wind up a stalker. Guess, I will worry about that later.

Anyway, right now he is very into star wars  legos. Those little minifigures have got me hooked in as well. Lucky boy he is because now I want the whole collection too. I discovered a star wars lego building contest online. Josh came over on Sunday and the kids went to work. They had to build something out of star wars legos that conveys the holiday spirit. They did an amazing job:


This is "Christmas Day on Hoth" Zachary made an ice skating star wars guy, pretty clever.

This is "Joy to the Galaxy", Santa Yoda holding a wreath is at the top of the minifigure tree.


Their creations are posted at:

http://www.legosantayoda.com/

If they win the contest, the grand prize is a 2 foot yoda made out of legos. They also have weekly prizes, I hope the kids win one of those, they would be so excited.

The best part is, when you send the star wars holiday video greeting cards off of this website, Lego will donate legos to kids this Christmas. Pretty Great, I will be sending some off this morning on behalf of Zachary!

0 comments:

Post a Comment