Grace and I kicked the boys out yesterday and had her friends over for gingerbread house decorating. I have a wonderful memory of my mom organizing a girls valentine's day party when I was in grade school. I want to give my kids those some types of memories. So even though it required my extra time and energy to make it happen, I am so glad that I did. All of the girls had a great time and I enjoyed hearing them talking and giggling when they were decorating. The conversation ranged from who likes who, the teacher who is rumored to only talk about toys, and the girl who was seen on the girls bathroom floor working on her posters for E-Club (and that was such a big deal by the way) They are a sweet and funny group of girls. It started me thinking about the future, as the kids get older and hit middle school and high school age they will be faced with more choices. If I can figure out how open our home and make it the spot to be for the kids and their friends that would be ideal.Then maybe I won't worry so much.
1 comments:
Oh Lis...What a nice tradition to start with Gracie!!! oxoxoxo
Post a Comment